Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Soccer
Today I realized something. Tomorrow is our last away game as a regular season game. After that there are just two regular games left! That's crazy. Albert Lea is gonna be losing Sophie, Mariah, Morgan, Jenna, Brooke, Madi, Abby, and Ellie. Not to mention our goal keeper Steph and manager Ally! That's insane. All these girls, before the season started, I wasn't sure what to make of them. I knew they were very skilled and fast and smart on the feild, but what about off of it? Now, they're just as much family to me as the girls I've played with every year. Looking back, at the begining of this season I honestly didn't want to be on varsity. I know that sounds stupid, like "wow what doo da doo wouldn't want to be a part of the best?" Well... me. I wasn't sure I was good enough and I started out on JV and that boded well with me. Eventually though, as the games progressed so did I. My foot's gotten stronger along with my sense of the game. The girls on JV looked up to me, and it felt really good to know I was one of the leaders on my team. One night at practice, the varsity coach, Barnhill announced that I would be playing up the next night. That scared me half to death. But with words of encouragement from people on and off the feild, I stepped into a varsity soccer game the following night. Ever since, I've belonged. It's a pretty cool feeling, not gonna lie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment